Barbara Hofmann - Platinium Brushes [english]

Hello Internet!   


Here I am with the first review for this blog. I'm very happy to write this review because I didn't find practically nothing about these products neither in YT or in "the web", except for a few reviews in german and no much else. 



Today I write about a small set of brushes by Barbara Hofmann. 
To be honest I didn't know this brand before buying these brushes. But in the store I could touch them and seemed to me really nice brushes with amazingly soft bristles and, for me very important, they seemed to have a nice and SOLID anchored wooden handle
I hate it when, even if the bristles are good, the quality of the brush decreases a lot for the simple fact that the materials used to fit (paste) the handle to the metal body are of poor quality and soon they'll come off and you have to paste them back. That's annoying!!! Of course if the bristles are good is not a very serious problem, you lose 2 minutes to paste back the handle, but even if it seems something, that in my opinion establishes the quality but also the reliability of the producer.



The set that I purchased is composed of 4 products of the Platinium line of brushes: a wide powder brush; an highlighter brush; a brush with a straight cutted tip with a medium-hard bristles's consistency, perfect for conturing; and finally a not too helpful "eyebrows comb" whose bristles are really hard (as it should be to comb quickly and accurately). 

In the shop there were several variants of this set, some of which instead of the pretty useless "eyebrows comb" contained a lip brush. However, being the brush for contouring (that I wanted so much) absent ( it was only in combo with that eyebrows brush) so I preferred to take 3 brushes plus a pointless one (the eyebrows one) rather than the others.



As regards the bristles: are synthetic and extremely soft (without considering the eyebrow one obviously). 
I've obviously washed and re-washed them and absolutely these bristles have not lost their softness and color, the brushes have absolutely not lost bristles during the washing procedure — for now. 
I should specify that I use a common neutral detergent and not a specific product to clean brushes.



The bristles of the largest brush for powder are indeed many and pretty dense. And it's a pleasure not indifferent to use it on your face. I am very satisfied. 

The hightlighter brush that I used for the application of enlightening on the upper part of the cheeks, it is also quite the same of his elder brother but with a different shape and size of corse. The bristles are very flexible on the face and allow to soften quite well. 

The cut brush, to apply precisely focusing the color just along the imaginary line that you want to follow to better define your face traits. This brush is absolutely the highlight of all, IMHO. That's 'cause being the bristles very thin and fairly rigid it simplifies the difficult areas such as contouring of the nose and draw the cheekbone firmly and accurately, of course then you have to blend it well with another brush to harmonize everything. But without a doubt for me - that I have a round face - helps a lot to form a precise line for facial contouring to then obtain the best optical effect for your face!

Photo with fash

As regard the manufacture quality of these brushes, I think it's really good, are extremely SOLID (hence my feeling of solidity of the anchorage of the handle that I had while I was in store was true, I've got an extremely positive feedback and I'm delighted). 

They are also high-sized brushes in length; for instance I placed here a picture comparing the B.H. Platinium powder brush with a blush brush by Essense (that for its nature is small, travel size).



I purchased this set at Douglas and I paid around 22EURO. They were just beside those of Douglas and I compared them: they almost look like twin-brushes, but just one Douglas brush costs almost as much as the entire set of Barbara Hofmann brushes plus an half! :')



Write you soon,       
Inda.




0 commenti:

Posta un commento

 

Post piĂą popolari

Contact ME

You can contact me here:
inda.double@gmail.com

Blog to follow

  • Don't be such a n00b. - Questo Blog non può essere lasciato a se stesso e dato che il legittimo proprietario latita, l'Angolo del Nabbo, del tutto arbitrariamente, decide di prend...

Collaboratori

Follow by Bloglovin'